Centre For Spiritual Living Saskatoon, is proud to present a broad and extensive program on the Science of Mind™ teachings. The goal of our education curriculum is to inspire all participants in their spiritual development, to provide structure to their spiritual practices and to increase the good in their lives.
WHY TAKE CLASSES?
The basic principles we study are profound, but not necessarily easy to embody and practice in our daily lives. Sunday morning is where we hear about our potential, but the classroom is where we experience the practical application of principle. The process of regular Science of Mind™ class attendance is how we begin to embody a true change in our consciousness.
No matter who you are or what the current issues on your path, in classes you will find a new perspective – in a timeless message that is totally relevant for today. Each class is taught in a fun and fast-paced format. The support of shared insights and the opportunity to ask questions in a classroom setting offer a learning environment not easily duplicated with solitary study. The discipline of regular attendance and the weekly readings create a framework for asking the big questions about life and our place in it.
THE STUDENT-CENTRED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
- Supports Students’ Divinity: Science of Mind teaches that all come with the potential of revealing the Divine. Therefore, Science of Mind teachers recognize that each student comes with assets (ideas, ways of perceiving life experiences and ways of doing things) upon which the learning activities may be built toward an expanded repertoire.
- Supports Students to Embody the Principles: Ernest Holmes reminds us that in order to understand, one must embody — or make a concept a part of one’s being — in thought, feelings and body. Science of Mind teachers provide opportunities for students to be actively engaged in learning by using experiential methods and by discovering and using outer and inner senses, to acquire and to express new understandings.
- Enables Students to Be Motivated and Find Meaning: Adult learning theory suggests it is essential to draw on the experiences of mature students to stimulate interest in acquiring new understandings and to make topics relevant. Science of Mind teachers provide opportunities for students to relate personal, cultural, historical, and contemporary experiences to the content of the course being explored.
- Provides Joyfully Attractive and Orderly Environment: Teachers and staff working with students are encouraged to bring and inspire feelings of warmth and joy. Opportunities are provided for students to be engaged with the information, to feel connected to the community of learners, to have fun discovering and relating to one’s own foibles and expansiveness and to laugh and be surprised when the new opens into the familiar.
- Prepares for and stimulates a Spiritually Inspiring Atmosphere: Science of Mind teachers are expected to set the tone for the course by engaging in pre-class activity to prepare their own consciousness to be a transparent place through which Spirit flows freely into the learning experience with joy, wisdom, intuitive insights, and brilliant guidance. Teachers provide the opportunity for students to be open to the information to be shared. Each session starts with a centering moment – invocation, treatment, meditation and/or visioning experience. During the session, the teacher guides students into deeper realms of thinking, knowing, and expressing by asking thought-provoking questions, inviting intuitive revelations, and engaging in creative expressions. The atmosphere is charged with students’ expressions of awe, wonder, compassion, and devotion.
- Honours Students’ Diversity: Science of Mind teachers embrace the Global Vision of Centers for Spiritual Living and recognize that the people of the world are of one inclusive community, our global family. Teachers provide opportunities in the classroom for students to consciously deepen their sense of connectedness with people of different economic, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, nationality, religious, and cultural backgrounds and experiences. Sensitive to Ernest Holmes’ thinking that unity does not mean uniformity, the teacher takes time to find out about, experience, and support ways of learning appropriate for cultures different from his/her own. The teacher creates opportunities for students to acknowledge and accept differences among people. The teacher is an example of, and facilitates harmony, respect, and fairness among people of different cultural groups in the spiritual community. The teacher uses relevant language and examples, while facilitating application activities to allow for unique ways of perceiving, understanding, and applying information to be honored.
- Establishes Intellectually Challenging Assignments: Teachers present the curriculum in a way that ensures that students participating in the course are challenged. Teachers raise questions stimulating critical thinking, analytical processing, and summarizing the concepts discussed. Students discover they are informed, mentally stretched, and/or soulfully deepened.
- Strives to make Outcomes Practical: Science of Mind Teachers use, as examples, master teachers from throughout the ages, to provide avenues through which the subtle, the paradoxes, and the transcendent ways of knowing may become practically applied in students’ daily lives. Teachers use sacred stories, the koans (the pithy and paradoxical statements which teach emptiness by confounding the intellect, forcing students back on his or her direct apprehension of Reality), parables, ceremonies, rituals, lecture and discussions, Socratic discourse, practical demonstrations of healings and artistic expressions to ensure students perceive practical ways to transform their lives and transcend limited ways of being— thus opening their lives to express their innate magnificence in the world.
WHAT HAPPENS IN CLASS?
Through lectures, discussions, and workshops led by a qualified instructor, the student learns how to personalize the same metaphysical principles which the great masters throughout history have used to experience greater wholeness! Each class takes on an energy of its own which stimulates each individual mind.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- You will learn about your connectedness to an Infinite Power for good which you can use.
- You will learn how to apply Universal Principles in your daily life and get results.
- You will learn the art of positive prayer called Spiritual Mind Treatment.
- You will learn the value of meditation and daily spiritual disciplines and commitment.
- You will learn that you have found new friends and relationships in your classmates who think as you do.
- You will learn you really can create a new life by changing your thinking and beliefs.
IS THERE TUITION FOR CLASSES?
Yes. Taking a Science of Mind™ class requires a commitment of both time and money. The truth is, little can be achieved without commitment. It creates an expectancy of change which is very valuable. Tuition is set by the Centers for Spiritual Living and is standard for all Centres.
Centers for Spiritual Living (CSL) uses the term Certificated as follows:
- A Certificated Course is designed to ensure that the universal principles, as written by Dr. Ernest Holmes and identified as Science of Mind Principles, are made transparent to students so they understand and apply the principles and related practices in their daily lives. This curriculum is recognized by CSL. Certificated Courses are made available to anyone who is seeking spiritual growth. Additionally, hours accumulated while studying in any Certificated Course may be credited toward the requirements to enter the Professional Practitioner Studies Program in CSL.
- CSL Courses are not certificated nor accredited by any other agency. Therefore, the courses may not qualify for credit at any other establishment or educational institution.
These are other courses developed by ministers or practitioners of CSL and may also be offered by member communities. They are usually shorter in length than the Certificated Courses and some are designed to be used by groups within the community with or without an authorized professional leading.
JOIN US SUNDAYS
10:00 AM Meditation
10:30 AM Celebration
704 Windsor Street
If you wish to:
◾Recognize and gratefully acknowledge your Infinite Source and Supply
◾Express your commitment to a common purpose & shared goals, thus entrusting the many with the nurture and care of the community
◾Create opportunities for people to share their gifts
◾Cultivate and develop emerging leadership
◾Express gratitude and acknowledgement
◾Gain a tax receipt at the end of the year (for donations greater than $20)
◾Or simply nurture your growth in all dimensions – spirit, mind, and body
then you are invited to support our spiritual community by clicking the button below.